Tuesday 25 April 2017

4. How does my media product represent particular social groups?

My target audience would be referred to as being in the social group of "roadmen". These are individuals see themselves as outcasts and extraverts; they consist of lower-class young people who use grime and social media to express their opinion which otherwise would go unheard in society. Although, I believe my audience are a sub-group, they tend to stay on trend with the things they feel are trendy or acceptable which to others would seem not, and aren’t focused on mainstream music as my audience stray away from this type of music and find new and unique styles of music many other individuals wouldn’t enjoy and find beats that many people would find odd. Therefore, my magazine will speak to and reflect their taste in music however they can be careful when selecting other forms of media to enjoy or use to express and so that is why I included a varied choice of artists and MCs to appeal to all sub-genres of grime, from freestyle to garage. My artist on my final front cover of my music magazine is defiantly representative of my chosen audiences social group; he is wearing clothes that many of my readers would consider regular clothes and this will in turn call out to them and give a personal vibe, he is also standing arms folded with one finger pointing upwards, this is quite a common pose when my chose social group take photos. The social groups I have not included within my audience would be those of whom are the "mainstreamers", these are individuals just follow trends, and whatever is pop grime at the current time, which means grime tracks that would be in the official charts, for example Skepta, rather than finding their own sound and artists who aren’t as well-known but have considerably better beats and lyrics. These people are excluded because my magazine only follows on or two mainstream artists as to appeal to a wider audience whilst also staying original and keeping that underground craftsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment